Weddings are special and in order for us to remember this day, many hire videographers to capture this special day in their life. Although you can just give the couple the raw footage of their wedding, they would like it even better if you added some creativity to it and made a short video out of it. This is what is now asked by couples and you should learn how to properly capture videos during that day because you don’t get a do-over. Here are some useful tips that you should consider.
- As the videographer, you need to capture the scenes quickly and you need to make sure that you only capture the subjects and not the head of a relative who is also trying to capture the moment with their personal camera. Sometimes, the relatives might think that you are too rude because you always go up front just to get your shot. To make things more peaceful, ask the couple to make an announcement to give you the most priority because you are hired to capture them. Explain to the guests and family members that you hate to be rude but you just have to do your job.
- Extra cameras that stand in the corner of the room and automatically record the event are quite useful because they can capture amazing and small moments that can be used when you are already editing the video.
- Find amazing final cut pro plugins that can help you edit the video and make it all tidied up. There are lots of plug-ins that can help you with adding text, editing the color, adding filters, editing sound, and many other effects you need for the video.
- Use additional lights when needed. The lights will give more emphasis on the current event that is happening but you don’t always have to use them because you can create drama and emotion with them. Try to do focus lighting on the first dance but you can have normal lighting as they dine and eat their meals. Too much lighting can also be hard on the eyes especially if the couple isn’t used to it.
- Create a story with your short video. You have to be creative enough to let them feel like you are a storyteller and that they are patiently waiting for the events to come. This can touch your viewers emotionally.
- Make sure that you are tidy and neat all throughout the event. It is understandable that you have a lot of equipment but you should also make sure that they are neatly placed in a corner when not in used or that your wires are not too tangled up that they are already blocking the way. Keep things in order so that you also lessen the risk of losing your equipment or damaging them.
- Come in advance because there are candid moments you can capture before the ceremony begins. You can even come early and shoot the bride or groom as he wakes up, provided you had permission to do this, so that you can start your story at the start of their day.